Monday, September 19, 2011

KMXT and _ _ _ _

 At the recent KMXT Annual Meeting and Chinese Food Pig Out it was announced the station is adding a second non-HD channel in the future. Members were given three choices to pick from on new call letters for this station. KDAK, KODK or KADQ. 

I don't really care for KADQ although that's our airport code thingee. I'm tuning my radio not looking for my luggage. Still not sure if I care for ADQ on the KHS basketball uniforms either. But the bigger reason I oppose this four letter combo is that Dairy Queen left the island in the mid 80's and this would serve as a painful reminder of all the soft serve treats I was denied in my teen years. FU KADQ. FU McKDNL.

I don't really like KDAK either. Brings Adak to mind. Or worst, Kadiak. Glad the Russians swapped out the "a" for an "o" later so we wouldn't sound like we were near Boston.

 I voted for KODK. Looks most like Kodiak, sounds it as well. It is like the Earth to the Vulcan KVOK. But like Nix Pix I'm rarely right so I'd expect one of the other two to champion this contest. 

What wasn't discussed was what the hells will be on the airwaves. Better not be a classical dominated station or I'm taking hostages. Maybe we can get Jock of the Rock an hour time slot? Wait, maybe not. I'd probably divide the frequencies between those older than me and those younger. KMXT for the geezers and the new one for the punk arses. Beastie Boys 24/7? 

I'll update this post when I learn the winner.

No comments:

Post a Comment