Friday, March 9, 2012

KRXX Hot 101

Bitter rival KMXT asked this week what people thought of the new format over at KRXX who finally took that snarky arse Jack and buried him in Ellen's back yard. As a product of the 80's I figured my era's domination was over and I was going to have to actually pull my cassettes out of storage but no no no. The new HOT 101 kept some of the cobwebs and dropped the 70's. F-word, yeah! Suck it, classic rock hippies. 

With a week of the new format under my belt I can tell you I now chew two pieces of gum at once and say "like" every third word. I'm not exactly on Rick Deez nuts, either. Not sure what to think but I can say I finally heard the whole Kelly Clarkson song from that Toyota ad with Boomer.



And we now know a Camry can haul as much gross tonnage as a Chevy 3500. Don't kill me for that.

But the real question is what is going on on 104.9? Is there a market for college alternative rock in BF Egypt/The Peninsula? Or here? Maybe I'm just old or stuck in 1985 but I don't get it from a marketing stance. 14,000 country and Jesus stations make more sense to me than around here than an entire station of bands I've never heard of. That's what KMXT is for.

Maybe next KVOK will become a sports talk radio station. I know some guys who could do that.

No comments:

Post a Comment