Tuesday, January 24, 2012

6000 Mile Death Ride On Wheat

The Baranof Enquirer gave some free advertising to Subway today in a story about some kid named John McDonald who plans to ride his bike to Florida and hit every yellow sandwich shop in his path. There is a clown in a yellow jumpsuit who is kind of pissed bout not getting in on this, especially since they share last names. 

I salute this effort to avoid TSA and raise money for college by pimping yourself out to Jared but that sounds kind of dangerous. If he isn't hit by a car surely he'll be sexually assaulted in the woods somewhere in Arkansas. Let's just hope his mouth isn't pretty. Like mine.
And for the record this was my idea a few years ago to hook up with Subaru and drive to the Super Bowl from Homer to Miami in a STi. Problem was the Seahawks didn't make it and I wasn't going to go all that way to watch someone else get crowned.  Now I can't do it in the future because it will look like I bit this high school senior's lyrics. Maybe he read my old blog and I inspired this. Plus Forrest Gump did this kind of schmitt in the 1970's so whateva.

Perhaps he can promote the salmon salad sandwich we have here that the rest of the country doesn't get to feast on. Bump that pink price up, baby. 

Good luck, John.  


And to James Brooks....sorry I called you Jacob a couple weeks ago at the B. Honest mistake.

No comments:

Post a Comment