Thursday, January 26, 2012

Open Seat Soon?

Someone asked if I was still interested in local politics recently. I said no. Then I saw this from the Brooks Report. 

Rosales’ resignation from the city’s governing council was announced Tuesday night at a city council work session. City clerk Debra Marlar said she received a phone call from Rosales on Jan. 4, and Rosales gave a verbal resignation on that date.

She usually is the highest vote getter of the six. Interesting. 

FYI: I didn't break her arm. She's in Seattle getting repaired from a fall. Yes, I'm jealous. 

I'm also tempted by this opportunity. Plus Kodiak needs me. All groups are well represented on the council except bar flies. My specialty. I'm forming an exploratory committee made up of just me to decide if I should go after the vacancy next month or just enjoy life. 

And yes, Blogger isn't playing ball on formatting my cut-n-paste job so it looks as unprofessional as it is written. I know. Shut up. 

1 comment:

  1. I say go for it! Even us 'family blogger' types would vote for you. Actually, I'd prefer the 'bar fly' on the council over many other interest groups. But, hey, don't get your hopes up too high - Zoya and i live outside the city limits so we could not vote for you anyway. Patrick

    ReplyDelete