Thursday, February 16, 2012

Letter to the James Gang: Poor Kid

Letters to the Editor around here used to be my bread and butter but lately, like the actual news, they're kinda uneventful. This one did get my attention. Sounds like a kid wrote it and I said I wouldn't bash kids. I'm not.  I'll take out her parents. 

Listen, Brooks doesn't have time for this. He's busy running laps around T-Bird & T-Bar putting out 14 stories a minute. Don't waste his space using the Baranof Enquirer to punish your kids thru public humiliation. Obviously this child did something they shouldn't have and is now basically standing on the side of Rezanof with a sign around her neck that says "I'm Bad" via print media. Kid, if your family really cares for you they'd take away your iPad or paddle the crap out of you but allowing this to be printed is low. Next thing you know they'll be sending your diary to the Wasilla varsity coach.

My family cares for me. The give me a home and food to eat and a bed and things to play with, like books and clothing. They love me. They teach me how to be responsible. They teach me to be good and nice to others, obey the house rules. They teach me to be self-sufficient. Sometimes I abandon the rules. I get consequences, like giving up things that are important tome, like my computer, so that I will learn well. My family gathers around to play games, to eat dinner, to go to church and sometimes for walks. We all help with chores, so everything will get dome and nobody has to do it all by themselves.Some of my family lives with me. Some are not with me here in my house. My brother.....

No comments:

Post a Comment