Monday, February 6, 2012

End Sunday Prohibition

Shocked I am that I'm posting this and Ish isn't. The Anchorage Daily News had a cute little story on the lifting of blue-laws in Dillingham for Super Bowl Sunday. After further review they do the same for New Years' Eve and St. Patrick's Day with its deep Irish community in the bush when it falls on a Sunday. So if you can sell booze three Sundays a year how about 49 more? Or at least when I'm tendering there. They should lift the ban for salmon season with all the extra money flying around. The taxes collected by the borough on beer from our boat alone would probably pay for a new fire truck in five seasons (or at least give the Harbormaster a raise). I propose adding red season to the list of Sunday suds sales from June 15th to the day we past Egigik headed southwest. Last year two of our rare days off during the season fell on a Sunday and I almost went postal when I could still "see out" at the end of the night. C'mon Dillingham. End your anti-capitalist, un'Merican, Romneylike law and join the rest of the country in 2012. Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment