Thursday, September 15, 2011

Kids Don't Belong In Bars. Period.

Why do I look a few inches taller right now? Because I'm on my soapbox. Granted, it isn't very high, hotel sized Irish Spring packaging in my case but I'm still disturbed over something I saw yesterday. 

I got an invite down at a local watering hole for a cold one around 5pm so I biked downtown. The first thing I see once I take my seat is a little girl, I'd guess about four years old at a table on the other side of the bar. I ask the bartender if this is OK and she tells me it is by the letter of the law and therefore with the establishment although she's concerned and pretty put off by it all.

Maybe I'm old fashion. Maybe times have changed. Maybe I'm wrong but there is no reason for a child to be in a smoky bar with it's share of intoxicated and nefarious characters. This seems like common sense to me that you don't raise a kid like this, drinking and dancing with half the guys in the place while the four year old plays with darts and listens to Cee-Lo Green (same song as this video) on the jukebox. Not cool.





When the father of the child came in, picked the kid up and walked out without saying a word I felt a little better and a little worse at the same time. He looked pretty disgusted with the whole situation, too.

I don't want to see a kid in a bar. Ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment