Monday, September 26, 2011

Oktobetrain

Caught this out of the corner of my eye on a Facebook ad and couldn't believe what it said. Upon further investigation I found it to be true. DID YOU KNOW the Alaska Railroad has a beer run from Anchorage to Portage to celebrate the celebration of celebrating brewskis, German style? For $159 you get about 36 ounces worth of beer samples and round trip fare plus a mother load of finger food. Plus you can purchase more beer if the samples aren't enough. Don't know why I even said if. Sounds like the perfect 270 minute vacation or pre 43/41 Club warm-up. No word if Kodiak Island Brewing will have one of the featured micros on the ride. So when are we going to start doing booze cruises in Kodiak?

1 comment:

  1. A few weekends ago I worked a table at the beerfest in my little outpost north of Philly. It was fun! Though I'm guessing I may not be asked back. I don't think the volunteers pouring the brew were supposed to get drunk, or as I like to put it, drinked.

    ReplyDelete